[FFmpeg-user] Batch Join multimono to multichannel Auido (wav / aif)

James Darnley james.darnley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 22:36:50 CEST 2014

On 2014-07-09 21:47, Luigi Rensinghoff wrote:
> I just don't know, how to use variables
>
> $f, f% and that shit - when to use what..

man bash will answer some of these questions.

$ is for variables.
$f is for the variable "f".
% can be used to remove text at the end of a variable.
{} these braces wrap the expansion you want bash to do, but are optional
in simple cases.

> -i „$f“.L.aif
> -i "$f“.R.aif
> -i "$f“.C.aif
> -i "$f“.LFE.aif
> -i "$f“.Ls.aif
> -i "$f“.Rs.aif

Here is where you probably want: ${f%.C.aif}

This means: expand the variable "f" and remove ".C.aif" from the end.

> ${f%.aif}_6ch.wav

Here as well.