[FFmpeg-user] Alternative options for comma-separated filters?

Sam Marrocco smarrocco at ringsidecreative.com
Thu Jul 10 18:31:02 CEST 2014

I have an application that uses ffmpeg to perform file conversions including applying the filter -vf colormatrix=bt601:bt709. I would like to also apply a gamma changing filter such as -vf mp=eq2=1:1:0:1:2:1:1:1.

The problem is that the application using ffmpeg (which I can *not* change) cannot have commas included in the arguments provided. No combination of escapes, quoting, etc will work if there is a comma anywhere in the arguments.

This seems to preclude the possibility of having two filters since as near as I can tell, the only way to do so would be

-vf colormatrix=bt601:bt709, mp=eq2=1:1:0:1:2:1:1:1

Is there an alternate method of including two filters that does not involve using a comma, or can a filter be "prebuilt" as a text file that I can then include in an ffmpeg commandline preset?

--

sam marrocco | chief technical officer
ringside.cutters.picnic.moonlink

248 548 2500 w