[FFmpeg-user] Variable input framerate

David Ventura davidventura27 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 04:56:00 CEST 2014

Hi

I'm currently streaming some (live) video over rtmp from a source with
variable framerate, and I need to output constant framerate, using -vsync 1
doesn't do anything about this.

I'm piping a vnc session (raw) into ffmpeg, but the vnc client gives me
framerate only when there's movement; so the framerate is *not* constant.
While streaming (to rtmp), it works okay, but the recorded output uses
ffmpeg's default framerate (25) which not only is fake, but also having
variable framerates I can't just force another framerate, thus extending
the video linearly, because it gets out of sync.

TL;DR: I have variable input frame rate (from multiple FPS to a frame every
10-30 seconds) and I need constant framerate output (having
dropped/duplicate frames is no issue). -vsync 1 doesn't work

--
We need only a little more code,and little more money,and little more time,
and little more sleep but the world needs a lot more freedom