[FFmpeg-user] How to apply effects to a frame decoded using ffmpeg?

David Varghese davidvrgh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 15:39:44 CEST 2014

Thanks for the reply.

Infact I tried to directly manipulate the YUV frame that I got from decoder
. I tried to modify the Y value of every pixels of every frames to 1 ,
expecting to see a much darker video . But I didnt found any changes in the
video .

The code snippet is as below,

AVFrame *frame = {*YUV420P frame recieved from ffmpeg decoder*}uint8_t
*tempPtr = NULL;
tempPtr = frame->data[0];int j;for(j = 0 ; j < frame->linesize[0] ; j++){
    *(tempPtr++) = 1;}

Am I doing something seriously wrong?

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> David Varghese <davidvrgh <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I wanted to apply changes in contrast,brightness,
> > saturation values of a video while rendering on
> > android.
>
> Consider using the mp=eq2 filter.
> It will be replaced by a native filter in the future,
> but for the time being, there should be no reason not
> to use it.
>
> Carl Eugen

Thanks and Regards ,
David Varghese