[FFmpeg-user] How to apply effects to a frame decoded using ffmpeg?

James Darnley james.darnley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 21:09:59 CEST 2014

On 2014-07-23 16:47, David Varghese wrote:
> One last question: Is there any significant advantage in using the prebuild
> filters of ffmpeg over manipulating YUV frames by iterating through it?

Yes.  They are tested so that do what they are supposed to do.  Some
have SIMD and/or threading to make them quicker (I don't think eq does
though).  Many support more than just yuv420p (might not be valuable to
you right now but does save you from having to write code for every
different pixel format you want to support).

Also, please don't top post.