[FFmpeg-user] HLS for Apple TV?

Luke Davis l1 at newanswertech.com
Tue Jul 29 19:12:19 CEST 2014

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014, david reid wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Luke Davis <l1 at newanswertech.com> wrote:
>
>> How does this HLS behave with non-apple TV devices? (I.E. iPhones or iPods)
>>
> Just checking on an iPad now! Not sure why I hadn't thought of trying that
> sooner.
> OK, so on an iPad it's working well past the point where it dies on the
> AppleTV.

What version of the Apple TV is it?

For the ATV version 2, -profile:v main -level 3.1 is alleged to work.  You might
look at this, and try some of the options as appropriate:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.264#iOS

> Are you seeing any warnings or errors in the console output?
>
> There are a few minor warnings, but nothing that I haven't seen before.

But maybe they are more relevant now?

Also, what version of ffmpeg?  Maybe you mentioned that and I missed it.

Luke