[FFmpeg-user] Convert 192 byte transport stream to 188 byte transport stream

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 13:55:53 CEST 2014

Yogesh Tyagi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way I can convert 192 byte transport stream into 188
> byte transport stream using ffmpeg? I want to convert the file not
> transcode it.

What do you mean by 192 byte transport stream is it a "normal" ts with
the crcs not removed or a blu-ray/AVCHD .m2ts with the extra timestamps.

If it's .m2ts - it didn't work for me in the test I just did. I guess
but don't know that there are different ideas of what sort of codecs are
supported in different flavors of ts.

Trying to put TrueHD from a .m2ts into a ts with -acodec copy certainly
didn't work for me - ended up being seen as a 26 channel aac :-)