[FFmpeg-user] Reversed order of video audio after audio merging (0:0 audio, 0:1 video)

tim nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 16:58:57 CEST 2014

On 02/06/14 11:36, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> tim nicholson <nichot20 <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> On 02/06/14 10:53, Christoph Gerstbauer wrote:
>>> can you say me which bugs the AVI muxer has?
>
> Seeking in large files with WMP fails sometimes,
> indicating that (afaict) something is wrong with
> the ODML index.
> (This might be the only known problem, I just
> wanted to make sure you realize avi is an
> extremely outdated container that cannot contain
> all kind of modern codecs. Note that I had not
> realized you can actually use it with ffv1 and
> external applications.)
>
>>> Is there a list of tickets?
>
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/query?status=new&status=open&keywords=~avi
> This unfortunately includes AVID issues that are
> unrelated.
>
>>> And is it planned to debug these?
>
> If it's on your todo list: Certainly!
>
>> Look for the FIXME's in the source.
>
>> One significant one from your point of view might
>> be the failure to set the interlaced flag if
>> relevant, it always flags material as progressive.
>
> Could you remind me of the ticket?

I am not aware it ever got ticketed, I am aware it was an issue as when
I fixed the fiel atom setting in mov's, MiNi pointed out that it also
needed doing in AVI, which I confirmed by inspection of the source code
and tests. However due to the already acknowledged age of AVI and it not
being a priority at the time for me I never got round to it.

--
Tim