[FFmpeg-user] Overlay filter feature suggestion

Paulo Barretto pmbarretto at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 15:19:28 CEST 2014

I am using ffmpeg to edit short videos of my camera, and most satisfied
with the results.

I would like to ask for a feature that seems to me not very difficult to
implement: make the overlay filter accept expression parameters for height
and width of the overlayed video, with timestamp 't' as an expression
parameter.

This would make possible zoom-in or out effects, wich seems not to be
possible by any other means (please tell me if I am wrong).

Panning effect is already possible with overlay filter x and y parameters,
and even rotating effect, which seems harder to code, is possible with
rotate filter...

Best regards,

Paulo Barretto