[FFmpeg-user] Desktop catpture attempt failed

mark_a_lee-abeng at yahoo.ca mark_a_lee-abeng at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 11 14:33:39 CEST 2014

> Command line and complete, uncut console output missing /
> this sounds like a performance issue when capturing.

I think you are right Carl Eugen. I was experimenting with capturing a video window of something called Cheese Webcam Booth. It seems to be a hog of resources, taking long to start up and generally making the laptop sluggish, even though I only use it to access the Web cam and not to capture. Even on an 8 GB system it is horribly slow.

I seem to also have a problem with pcm_s16le, which causes failure with a message about headers; and there's also a message about misalignment. I will rerun the process today and post the input/output.

Mark