[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg ignores duration and skips concat images

Simon Thelen ffmpeg at c-14.de
Mon Jun 16 01:24:18 CEST 2014

On 15/06/14 at 22:28, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> > > This should be no problem.
> >
> > I've tried doing something similar before. It didn't
> > work correctly until I converted all the input files
> > so they were the same size and same format.
>
> Please provide your failing command line (including
> your concat text file) together with the complete,
> uncut console output.
ffmpeg -report -f image2 -r 1 -i png.other/%04d.png -c:v libx264 -crf 20 other.mkv

I used the image2 muxer instead of the concat muxer, but I don't think
that should be an issue. I've attached the console output as well as the
report output (since the report output is rather a bit too verbose)
along with a list of the contents of png.other/

> Resolution changes are not unusual in mpeg streams,
> so if FFmpeg doesn't support them, this would be a
> serious limitation.
To give you an idea of what's happening, the output video only contains
6 frames although it should contain around 2000.
I wasn't able to figure out exactly why this was happening, but I
prevented it from happening by forcing all the input images to have the
same size and format (by format I mean bit depth and colorspace).

I've tried this command with both libx264 and libvpx as the encoders.
Same results for each.

Report output: http://dl.c-14.de/paste/ffmpeg-image2diffsizex264.log
Console output: http://dl.c-14.de/paste/console
imagelist: http://dl.c-14.de/paste/pnglist