[FFmpeg-user] Is ffmpeg capable of converting elementary stream to program stream without recompressing video/audio stream?

Marco Munderloh Munderloh at tnt.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jun 16 12:13:31 CEST 2014

> I want to convert elementary stream (with h264 video stream) to program
> stream, without recompressing video/audio stream?

h.264 is not standardized for MPEG program stream.
MPEG transport stream is valid, as well as mpeg4 and mkv.

However, ffmpeg creates such a file:
ffmpeg -i input.264 -i audio.mp2 -map 0 -map 1 -c copy output.mpg

Better use something like this:
ffmpeg -i input.264 -i audio.aac -map 0 -map 1 -c copy output.mp4