[FFmpeg-user] Exact time of start recording

Bouke (VideoToolShed) bouke at videotoolshed.com
Wed Jun 18 00:02:42 CEST 2014

Trying to put timecode onto my recordings, but have no clue how to do so
accuratly.
Obviously, when I fire FFmpeg, it will take some time before the first
incoming frame is actually recorded / encoded.
Is there anyway to find out (related to system time) when that happened, so
I can add TC after the capture?

An alternative could be to create a dummy file named to the new recording,
and have FFmpeg to ask to overwrite.
But then, can I trust the time between me saying 'Y' and the first recorded
frame will always be the same?

Thx,

Bouke

---