[FFmpeg-user] Where can I find ALL options for FFMPEG's FLAC encoder?

James Darnley james.darnley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 15:03:33 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-18 13:52, Барт Гопник wrote:
> Where can I find ALL options for FFMPEG's FLAC encoder?
>
> I know only "compression_level" option and "-h encoder=flac" command
> to show FLAC encoder specific options:
>
> -lpc_coeff_precision
> -lpc_type
> -lpc_passes
> -min_partition_order
> -max_partition_order
> -prediction_order_method
> -ch_mode
>
> 1. How to know minimum and maximum values of "compression_level" parameter?

Unfortunately only by reading the source code.  Though I can tell you
that it supports 0-12.

> 2. Is there other options/parameters/switches for FLAC encoder? How to know it?

Again only be reading the source.  The encoder does appear to use some
other global options:
{min,max}_prediction_order
frame_size

> 2.1. How to specify for example the block size?

If I read this correctly: frame_size.

If you don't need to control these individual settings for some specific
purpose I strongly suggest you only use -compression_level.  It sets all
these other options based on the level you choose.  This behaves in the
same way as the reference flac encoder's compression/speed option (I
forget what it is called).