[FFmpeg-user] converting audio in MPG

nikj nik.jell at sky.com
Thu Jun 26 08:06:24 CEST 2014

Hi there, I have ffmpeg version 2.2.3 installed via macports on a mac running
10.9.3 I am trying to convert the audio in MPG so that I can burn it a DVD.
Here is the command I'm using:

/opt/local/bin/ffmpeg -i
'/Users/Shared/.EVNZ_config/Titles/a_opentitles.mpg' -target pal-dvd -s
720x576 -vcodec copy -acodec mp2 -ab 256k -y
'/Users/Shared/.EVNZ_config/EVNZ_DVD_Temp/EVNZ_DVD/a_opentitles.mpg'

The above command works fine on another mac running ffmpeg version 0.7.13
and OS 10.8.5. I believe the audio in the file I'm trying to convert is
AC3-A52.

I'm a complete novice with ffmpeg and would appreciate any suggestions.

Many Thanks,
Nik