[FFmpeg-user] How to get TBR in FFProbe JSON

Simon Thelen ffmpeg-user at c-14.de
Sat Jun 28 15:03:02 CEST 2014

On 27/06/14 at 13:18, Ramit Bhalla wrote:
> When using ffprobe, it prints a set of video parameters on the console
> (tbr, tbn, tbc, and fps).
>
> E.g.
>     Stream #0:11[0x581]: Video: h264 (Constrained Baseline) ([27][0][0][0]
> / 0x001B), yuv420p, 320x180, 7.50 fps, 5 tbr,
>  90k tbn, 14.99 tbc
>
> However when one uses ffprobe in JSON output you only get 2 parameters
> r_frame_rate and avg_frame_rate which I understand correspond to fps and
> tbc respectively.
The tbc is the codec_time_base parameter.

> in my tests I've found the "actual" framerate is given by TBC. how can I
> get this using FFprobe in JSON output?
The tbc usually isn't the "actual" framerate. It's just the time value
that the framerate is calculated from.
If you want the framerate you'll want the r_frame_rate and/or the
avg_frame_rate.

--
Simon Thelen
BOFH excuse #300:

Digital Manipulator exceeding velocity parameters