[FFmpeg-user] libass reference broken

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Mar 4 01:08:16 CET 2014

Elliott Balsley <elliottbalsley <at> gmail.com> writes:

> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libass.4.dylib
>   Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
>   Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap: 5
> I don’t have that dynamic library, but I do have
> /opt/local/lib/libass.5.dylib, and a symlink pointing
> to that called libass.dylib.  I think this broke after
> upgrading MacPorts packages.

That means that MacPorts is broken or it - by definition
- does not cover additional self-compiled packages (like
FFmpeg in this case). Whenever a MacPorts update removes
existing dynamic libraries (in this case libass.4.dylib)
this can happen if you ever compile additional binaries
yourself.

There is nothing in FFmpeg that can be fixed about this.

Carl Eugen