[FFmpeg-user] My recent post..

Rio Kierkels riokierkels at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 10:18:37 CET 2014

On 4 March 2014 10:10, Guido Budack <glaivy at yandex.com> wrote:

> @Rio,
>
> thanks so far for your advices and recommondations.
> first, it's ffplay I ment of course and as such should my questions be
> handled.
> popcorn.js was new to me and sounds interesting. unfortunately it isn't
> possible (on first sight) to use it 'on the fly'. I don't intend to save
> any stream to a temporary file - just streaming into the client and away.
> or is it possible to 'tunnel' the stream through popcon in some way.
> Yes, I am aware of scripts so you can talk '.js' to me. :-/
> Greets
>
> Gee

yeah I thought you meant ffplay, but it never hurts to ask. As for the text
overlay you can have a service on the backend tell the front end to overlay
text over the video, this can be done using websockets so that is
definitely possible and you don't need to use popcorn.js. As I said, it's
not possible to embed a compiled program in a web browser easily. And again
if you do not provide any examples of what you've tried already it's hard
for us to give you examples back. We can only point you in the right
direction like I did in the last post (ffserver -> webm -> html5 player).

--
C018 4C82 3701 9CAC B723  4C29 2C04 E81A 7418 D158