[FFmpeg-user] Does the fast and accurate seeking work on rtmps streams ( used for resuming download ) ?

Han Jiang oglops at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 04:30:05 CET 2014

thanks ! but i'm not sure what you mean, i'm very new to this. do you mean
write images out , so according to the frame name, i know exactly where am
i when download was interrupted ? then re-encode all the images?

currently i'm using

ffmpeg.exe -y -ss 00:29:00 -i "rtmps://xxx:443/vod/xx/mp4:xx/xx.mp4
swfUrl=xx playpath=mp4:xx.mp4" -ss 00:01:00 -c copy
/usr/tmp/tmp/xx.part.1.mp4

i was hoping this will give me the exact start time of 00:30:00 using fast
and accurate seeking,  i used -c copy ( i didn't want re-encoding here )

what is the pros and cons of this versus the method you mentioned ? thanks !