[FFmpeg-user] -vf tinterlace=6 not behaving as expected

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 21:42:39 CET 2014

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Andy Furniss <adf.lists <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The file does seem to have x2 frames and each frame has half the
>> motion per step of the master, so I can only assume that the fields
>> are getting swapped which is not the described behaviour.
>
> Is the problem reproducible with MPlayer?

I don't know - it seems that mplayers own tinterlace only goes up to 4
and trying -vf lavfi= gives Option vf: lavfi doesn't exist.

If you mean playing/stepping the out.nut result of my ffmpeg command on
a progressive display - it looks the same with mplayer/ffplay/mpv.

After looking at some different interlace tests I don't now think the
fields are being swapped as I speculated initially. I am not sure what
is happening - whatever it is doesn't seem to affect the functionality
when read one field at a time by my TV's deinterlacer, but having both
fields move every frame when viewing the weave on a progressive monitor
doesn't seem to match the code or the documentation.