[FFmpeg-user] STDOUT and STDERR choices....

Sam Marrocco smarrocco at ringsidecreative.com
Mon Mar 24 00:59:59 CET 2014

I've been using ffmpeg and ffprobe on WindowsOS am wondering why the choices that have been made as to what goes to STDOUT vs. STDERR? For example:

-A normally running ffmpeg task seems to send all it's output (even when there are no errors) to STDERR even with no errors.
-A normally running ffprobe task sends some of it's output to STDOUT and some of it's output to STDERR even with no errors.

I'm curious why they wouldn't send all their normal output to STDOUT, and only Error messages to STDERR.

--

sam marrocco | chief technical officer
ringside.cutters.picnic.moonlink

248 548 2500 w