[FFmpeg-user] DVD-Subtitles in matroska container converted by ffmpeg won't disappear playing with vlc

Bernd Butscheidt bbutscheidt at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 26 18:17:29 CET 2014

>________________________________

Thank you very much for your explanation and confirmation.

>I am a bit surprised it prevents the subtitles from showing, though, I see
>no reason for that since the file is locally valid.

To my observations, Without -fix_xub_duration Vlc shows every subtitle, but no subtitle will disappear again. So after a short time you have quite a mess of them.

Adding -fix_sub_duration as input file option seems to provide a sensible duration for every subtitle to be shown. So vlc shows only one subtitle after the other.

Kind regards
Bernd