[FFmpeg-user] support for .oga and .ogx formats? (sort of feature request)

roger21 roger21 at free.fr
Sun Mar 30 00:26:25 CET 2014

ok so i saw that "oga" is now a format in the "ffmpeg -formats" list and
that is nice

but now i am confused, i said the "ogv" format is supported because i
made an "ogv" file just by using the ".ogv" extension (and yes it made
something quite identical to ogg and it was ok for me - and it still
works) but i actually have two issues about that now:

first, i tried to fake an "ogx" file into an "ogv" file using the "-f
ogv" parameter and it didn't work because it didn't know what that "ogv"
format was (i eventually used -f ogg instead)

without "-f":

[NULL @ 02df8020] Unable to find a suitable output format for
'video.ogx.theora.vorbis.c.c.ogx'
video.ogx.theora.vorbis.c.c.ogx: Invalid argument

with "-f ogv":

[NULL @ 02df8020] Requested output format 'ogv' is not a suitable output
format
video.ogx.theora.vorbis.c.c.ogx: Invalid argument

and then, "ogv" is not in the format list (as "oga" is now)

so i was thinking "ogv" is a sloppy clone, not in the list, not usable
with "-f" ... but as i see it now for "oga" (wich is a total clone) all
of that is false, it is in the list and i can use it with "-f" ...

so at the end i don't understand what is "ogv" for ffmpeg and shouldn't
it be usable just as "oga" now or does "oga" have to much privileges now?

(yes, confused)