[FFmpeg-user] Minimum configuration settings for ffprobe-only

Eugene Gekhter egekhter at pixcel.com
Sun Mar 30 22:40:51 CEST 2014

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Nathan Lewis <nlewis at mail.crawford.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Eugene Gekhter <egekhter at pixcel.com
> ="mailto:egekhter at pixcel.com">>  Wrote:
>

> True, I am looking for something as light weight as possible.
>

> I might be wrong, but I believe the default configs should get you what
> you need.  Unless you're expecting esoteric files to be uploaded...

The use-case is quite common.
If you want to upload a video to YouTube, they will let you
https://support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/2888402?rd=1
The validation on the client side is only on the extension type, I can
rename a zip file to mp4 and Youtube will let me upload the whole 100MB or
1GB file and start processing it after it receives the entire file.
Same goes for Vimeo, and probably 99% of all video sites online.
That's not user-friendly, and let's face it, 99% of consumers don't know
what a codec is.