[FFmpeg-user] Trouble with ffmpeg in bash script

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed May 7 13:08:17 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Gerion Entrup <gerion.entrup at t-online.de> wrote:
> I don't get atm, where the stdin signals comes from. In my opinion the read
> command reads all from the stdin pipe, so ffmpeg doesn't get any commands?

"read -r line" happens multiple times - you can see this directly in
the bash output in the original email. IE, it reads one line, and then
executes the commands within the loop, and then reads the next line
from it's read buffer.

The commands within the loop consume some of stdin's pending content.

The loop then exits, and goes back to the "read -r line" command,
which reads in the next line to be processed, except some of the
content has been read already and is missing.

Cheers

Tom