[FFmpeg-user] FFMpeg problem using fieldmatch and decimate filters to IVTC

Steve Boyer steveboyer85 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 21:23:38 CEST 2014

> That might work, but I bet the formerly telecined sections now have judder. If the original film had frames ABCDEFGHI... at 24fps you are now watching ABCDDEFGHHI... at 30fps. You might not notice it at first, but eventually you will notice it. Especially if something is moving smoothly in the background.

Nick,

I can tell that there is some judder. It bothers me a little bit, but
not enough to really get too bent out of shape about. I'm happy that
everything is still in sync. Does the 60 fps conversion make a huge
difference? I assume it'd go from: ABCDD EFGHH @ 30fps ... to AABBCCDD
EEFFGGHH @ 60fps? Hmm, it might be worth it then to do a test-run and
see if I could tell a difference at all.

Steve