[FFmpeg-user] Burning subtitles into a webm video

sean ball sean9910 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 00:39:08 CEST 2014

This is the script I am using, but I cannot figure out how to get subtitles
to actually burn in:

 #Livestream script for FFMpeg/FFServer
FPS=24                                          # Stream FPS.
GOP=48                                          # GOP Should be double of
FPS.
THREADS=4                                       # How many threads.
DEADLINE=realtime                               # Speed preset, realtime is
fastest.
FRAMELAG=16                                     # How many frames to seek
ahead (max 25)
QMAX=52                                         # More = less quality.
QMIN=10                                         # Less = more quality.
VBITRATE=1M                                     # Target Bitrate.
BITRATE=3000k                                   # Bitrate.
AUDIBR=48k                                      # Audio Bitrate.
SERVER=<MyServer>:8090/feed.ffm                 # Server stream endpoint.
LOGLEVEL=verbose                                # Logging verbosity level.

for f in $@; do ffmpeg -re -i $f\
        -vf subtitles=$f\
        -g $GOP -loglevel $LOGLEVEL\
        -c:v:0 libvpx  -threads $THREADS -b:v $BITRATE -vb $VBITRATE
-bufsize $BITRATE\
        -qmax $QMAX -qmin $QMIN -deadline $DEADLINE -lag-in-frames
$FRAMELAG\
        -c:a libvorbis -b:a $AUDIBR\
        "<Doesn'tLikeURLFormat>$SERVER"
done