[FFmpeg-user] Problem with DAR and SAR readout from AVCI-50 and DNxHD MXFs

Christoph Gerstbauer christophgerstbauer at gmx.at
Thu May 8 11:28:01 CEST 2014

>> 2.) DNxHD files - DAR 0:1 = / SAR = 0:1
> Why do you think this wrong?

Because Aspect Ratio 0:1 does not exist, do they?
In my opinion ffmpeg should show 16:9 because the resolution of the file is 1920x1080, and this is 16:9. And if there is no SAR information in the file, ffmpeg should calculate with the resolution of the video and with a SAR of 1:1. I would do it liek that, if I would only have a resolution information.
My problem is that I dont know from which part of the file ffmpeg is reading out the SAR/DAR values (if they exist).

bg
Christoph