[FFmpeg-user] Creating ffv1 full-range and broadcast-range files

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Fri May 9 13:32:39 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am generating ffv1 files with different content and pixel formats
for testing purposes.

I want to create both files that contain broadcast (aka mpeg) range
yuv420p (or yuv422p, 444p etc.) and full range. I presume that the
default for the yuv4<whatever>p<whatever> formats was broadcast.

Is that correct? If so, how do I create full-range files using an
ffmpeg command line? The yuvj pixel formats are obviously not
supported by ffv1 (and are considered legacy IIRC) but I fail to find
a -range option or something similar in the docs. Is there something
like that?

Thanks in advance,

Robert