[FFmpeg-user] (Smooth?) Streaming to Nokia Lumia 520 (and other WinPhones) in browser?

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Fri May 9 21:49:18 CEST 2014

Hi all and sorry for a sort of offtop.
My objective is to generate video on-the-fly to present it for
immediate playback in the browser of Windows Phone devices. We used
FFmpeg's smoothstreaming muxer for that, and it works in desktop
Windows browsers, but it is reported to not work on Nokia 520.
Currently i don't have any Windows Phone devices at hand and cannot
determine whether any WP device would work with it at all.
Is Nokia 520 meant to support Microsoft Smooth Streaming?
Is it meant to support any live streaming protocol at all?
Is it meant to play any kind of video file from browser?
Any comment from experienced people are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If anyone wants to check that on their Windows Phone device, they can
go to http://whdd.org/smooth/ and see if it works for them. Such
reports are appreciated.

--
Andrey Utkin