[FFmpeg-user] Writing uncompressed video MOV

Elliott Balsley elliottbalsley at gmail.com
Sat May 10 05:11:27 CEST 2014

When I try to write an uncompressed MOV, I get the error:
yuv422p10le rawvideo cannot be written to mov, output file will be unreadable

And indeed it is.  Why doesn’t that work?  I can create MOV files in other software in this format and ffmpeg reads it just fine.  Is there some way to get a list of all formats which work in MOV container?  I get the same error with yuv422p, yuv444p, rgb48le, yuv422p16le, yuv444p16le, rgb444le, yuv422p10le, yuv422p12le, yuv422p14le