[FFmpeg-user] Writing uncompressed video MOV

Bob Maple bobm-ffmpeg at burner.com
Sat May 10 06:14:08 CEST 2014

On 5/9/2014 9:11 PM, Elliott Balsley wrote:

> When I try to write an uncompressed MOV, I get the error:
> yuv422p10le rawvideo cannot be written to mov, output file will be unreadable

For that pixel format, YUV 4:2:2 10-bit, use v210 as the codec.

  ffmpeg -i input -codec:v v210 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le output.mov

However, at least on Windows, Quicktime Player doesn't seem to like
movies encoded by ffmpeg this way.  Not entirely sure why, everything
else seems to accept them just fine.