[FFmpeg-user] mp4 concat demuxer problem

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sat May 10 17:42:29 CEST 2014

Le septidi 17 floréal, an CCXXII, Konrad Karl a écrit :
> Q1: what would have been the proper command line before the invention of -auto_convert ?

AFAIK, nothing short of remuxing to MPEG-TS and concatenating the bitstream.
If I understand correctly, this is an unavoidable flaw of H.264-in-MP4
format.

> Q2: the -auto-convert description says: .... This is necessary in particular
>     if there are resolution changes.... :  I am failing to notice any
>     resolution changes, so where/how they are hiding?

I believe the documentation does not state that resolution changes are the
only reason for this option to be necessary, only a common one.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George