[FFmpeg-user] wav concat woes

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sat May 10 17:49:33 CEST 2014

Le quintidi 15 floréal, an CCXXII, Sean Darcy a écrit :
> So just to clarify, is the problem simply a mass of warnings even though
> the output is correct? or is there a problem with the output?

Yes and no. The timestamps returned by the concat demuxer are all wrong in
that case, but I believe the command you used completely ignores the audio
timestamps, so the final result is correct.

> I ended up piping to ffmpeg from sox, so I never used the ffmpeg concat
> output.

Note that since you are working with PCM, and "transcoding" to/from PCM is
basically a nop, you could also use the concat filter:

ffmpeg -i file1.wav -i file2.wav -i file3.wav \
  -lavfi concat=n=3:a=1:v=0 output.wav

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George