[FFmpeg-user] Creating ffv1 full-range and broadcast-range files

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Tue May 13 10:35:14 CEST 2014

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Robert Krüger <krueger at lesspain.de> wrote:

>>> I just tried and the resulting file checked with the histogram
>>> filter appears to have the correct (full-range) levels.
>>
>> The more important question is if the output is bit-exact?
>
> I checked a more complex yuvj420p sample and the framemd5 output is
> identical, so I would say yes.

would you say, submitting a patch that just adds this pixel format
instead of replacing AV_PIX_FMT_YUV420P makes sense? The risk here is
only that I would probably not be qualified to deal with problems that
require a deeper understanding of what is going on there but so far it
looks like it could "just work".