[FFmpeg-user] Rotate 180 degrees

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon May 19 20:46:15 CEST 2014

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 20:34:08 +0200, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> The result looks reasonable. But is there a better way to do this? A
> video of 13 minutes takes about as long to be converted. So if there
> would be a more efficient way …

The only "common" codec I know of which can be transposed losslessly is
JPEG. That means you will indeed have to recode. I would assume that
the filters you are using are quite effective (i.e. don't consume the
compute power), and that the actual encoding is taking all that time.
So, in terms of filters, there's nothing you can do.

In terms of encoding, you could try other x264 presets, compromising
speed for file size (roughly spreaking). Adding "-preset ultrafast"
should make things a few times faster, but the resulting file will be
larger as well.

Moritz