[FFmpeg-user] Pls Help: Error while installing FFMPEG

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Tue May 20 21:57:18 CEST 2014

On Tue, 20 May 2014 17:59:31 +0530
Nobis Abraham <nobis.abraham at nesote.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please help me to solve the following issues, error code that i have
> received included below. Any way the error says *"ERROR: opus not found"*

Did you install opus? Do you even need opus encoding? Did you skip
PKG_CONFIG_PATH section as shown in the instructions that I believe you
are following (https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu)?

> nobis at nobis-desktop:~/ffmpeg_sources/ffmpeg$ sudo ./configure

Why are you using sudo with configure? You don't need to do that. I ask
because you're the second person this week on this mailing list to do
so.

Did you make any other modifications to the instructions?

> Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
> solving the problem.

Please include the first ~50 and last ~50 lines of the log file
"config.log" produced by configure as this will help solve the problem.
I don't ask for the whole file because the mailing list has a message
size limit of 250k, and config.log is often larger than this limit.