[FFmpeg-user] compiling ffserver on linux

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed May 28 01:41:17 CEST 2014

John Q <john_q61 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Here are the options I am currently using but
> getting a crash

How is (in your opinion) compilation related to the
crash?

While ffserver is not well maintained, please
provide the information necessary for crashes, ie
command line(s), console output, backtrace,
disassembly and register content.

Unrelated:

>  ./configure --enable-libx264

> --enable-encoder=libx264

This is the default and therefore unneeded.

> --enable-libvpx

> --prefix="/home/jq/ffmpeg-2.2.2/mybuild

If you are not a distributor yourself, please
understand that only current git head is
suported.

> --enable-gpl

> --enable-debug

This is also the default iirc.

> --disable-stripping

> --disable-optimizations

This is generally a very bad option, only use it
if you know exactly why.

Carl Eugen