[FFmpeg-user] DPX to jp2 encoding

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Wed May 28 13:21:38 CEST 2014

On 05/28/2014 07:14 AM, Rajendran Krishnan wrote:
> I wanted to know the output of this files are losses or lossey? if it is lossey output I wanted to have command line for lossless output.

I've tested libopenjpeg in FFmpeg, and it really is lossless by default.
Here's the commandline I've used:

$ ffmpeg -i /home/pb/Videos/test-source/football_422_ntsc.y4m -y -threads 8 -an -g 1 -c:v libopenjpeg jpeg2000-libopenjpeg.avi

> I have not tired the ffv1, can I have download ling for this?

Moritz already mentioned that FFV1 is built-in in FFmpeg, so you should
work out of the box.
I've prepared a simple cheatsheet, if that might help:
http://download.das-werkstatt.com/pb/mthk/info/video/ffv1/ffv1_cheatsheet.html

Regards,
Pb