[FFmpeg-user] av_video_decode2 returns -1094995529 .

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu May 29 02:15:50 CEST 2014

On 24 May 2014 00:50, sithruk sana <get2jils at gmail.com> wrote:

> *I introduced 2 thread, one is reading and pushing into the LIst. and the
> second one is reading from the queue. *
> My problem is while reading the same packet, and decode, i m unable to
> decode, the return value of the
> *av_video_decode2 is -1094995529 .*
> Below is the short description of code.  Kindly help to solve this issue?.

You are freeing the packet as soon as you've added it to your queue.

you can't free the packet in thread 1 until the packet has been
actually used in thread #2.

you should only free the packet after you've decoded it and you don't
need the packet anymore.

Copying pointers doesn't mean you've copied the data pointed to (read
shallow vs deep copy)