[FFmpeg-user] Decoding continuous stream of I-frame+P/B frames block.

Anil Jangam anilj.mailing at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 16:38:25 CET 2014

Hi,

My understanding is that when a new Container object is to be initialized,
it always requires an I-frame + subsequent P or B frames to initialize else
open fails.

My question is, how do we use the same Container where there is
a continuous stream of set of I-frame+P/B frames, I-frame spaced at GOP
interval (this is a real-time video stream use case), whether it is
possible to use the same Container without re-initializing it (i.e. I do
not want to initialize/open the Container object each time).

I want to know if it is possible to reuse the same Container object while
we keep feeding it the received encoded frames into the Container's input
buffer. This way, we do not wait for accumulating a set of I-frame+P/B
frame block and then give it to the Container for decoding.

This approach is to avoid the receive buffering to improve the processing
time. We assume some amount of de-jitter buffer to order the received
frame.

/anil.