[FFmpeg-user] Creating screencap mosaic sheet issues

Mitch Crane mitch.crane at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 03:08:33 CEST 2014

Through some trial and error I got what appears to be a reasonable
output using the following command line:

ffmpeg -i D:\movies\input.avi -vf
"fps=fps=1/5,select='isnan(prev_selected_t)+gte(t-prev_selected_t\,5)',scale=160:90,tile=5x5"
-qscale:v 3 -y %03d_sheet.jpg

My input file was a 23.98 fps, which I rounded up to 24. I added
"fps=fps=1/5" to what you already had in your options. I arrived at
1/5 frames per second by multiplying the frame rate of the input by
the interval at which I wanted thumbnails to be captured and then
dividing that number by the number of thumbnails in each output file.
This was just a guess and I'm not sure if my logic is correct or I
just got lucky. I only verified my results by eyeballing it and seeing
that the number of thumbnails was in the ballpark of the length of the
movie in seconds divided by 5.