[FFmpeg-user] Introduction and problem with decoding DCP (jpeg2000 wrapped in MXF)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Oct 24 12:59:31 CEST 2014

Carles Vila <cvilad <at> gmail.com> writes:

> --enable-libopenjpeg

> --disable-decoder=jpeg2000

I know why you are doing this (and I recommended it often)
but it makes detection of xyz impossible.

We should probably work on this but I suspect the easiest
solution is to compile without "--disable-encoder" and
specify the decoder you want:
$ ffmpeg -vcodec libopenjpeg -i input.mxf
This will use the internal decoder only to decide the
pix_fmt but will use the (bitexact!) libopenjpeg
decoder for actual decoding.

Carl Eugen