[FFmpeg-user] How to change video fps from 29.970 to 25?

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 14:02:42 CEST 2014

> command like this:

> -c:a libvo_aacenc -b:a 128k "OUTPUT"
>
> Yeah, I tried it. Still stutter (but not so much). Audio is totally out of sync
> and video is longer about 3 min ;/.

Yes, it would be longer. This is the same sort of change you made to go from 24 to 25 fps. You would need to adjust the audio the same way. You could also try your setpts filter method, that shouldn't create any stutter.

 > What with those ffmpeg filters like pullup, fieldmatch, decimate? Should not we
> use them?

Pullup & fieldmatch are for converting video that was originally 24fps but "telecined" to 30fps back to 24fps. Decimate is really just part of the fieldmatch filter.

They won't help here.

-Nicholas Robbins