[FFmpeg-user] Change frame rate without dropping/adding frames

Elliott Balsley elliottbalsley at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 05:02:53 CEST 2014

is re-encoding to UNCOMPRESSED VIDEO an option for you?
No, because of file size.

Which pixelformat does the source video have?
It varies, but most commonly 4:2:0 H.264 footage from Canon DSLR cameras.

Which editing tool are you using and which OS?
My job involves processing camera footage to prepare it for editorial.  I work in OS X primarily with DaVinci Resolve and Premiere.  The editors usually use Avid MC, but it varies.  I use ffmpeg for a variety of little conversions depending on the situation.

In some cases, I can convert to a mezzanine codec like ProRes while conforming the frame rate, but sometimes the editor wants to work with the source material.