[FFmpeg-user] Change frame rate without dropping/adding frames

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Wed Sep 10 05:59:25 CEST 2014

On Sep 8, 2014, at 6:20 AM, tim nicholson <nichot20-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

>>> which is ignored if using stream copy...
>>
>> Use avi as intermediate container.
>> (The OP originally didn't say what exactly he
>> needs, input option -r does change the frame
>> rate without dropping or adding frames.)
>>

> So if he is happy with the 2 stage process (or piping avi format out
> into a second ffmpeg instance stream copying back to mov) then it looks
> like he has a workflow.
>
> h264 in avi is not going to be understood by much other than ffmpeg...

I think the original request is useful. I often find situations where I need to alter container information while using streamcopy. Although the solution via an avi pipe is a bit awkward would an approach similar to what was done with -aspect and streamcopy work? re: http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=538bf767373f176b6487e30181155e74b37cced6
Dave Rice