[FFmpeg-user] Change frame rate without dropping/adding frames

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Sep 10 08:59:31 CEST 2014

Dave Rice <dave <at> dericed.com> writes:

> > h264 in avi is not going to be understood
> > by much other than ffmpeg...

Since this was quoted a few times, I'd like to
repeat that H264 in avi works fine with WMP.
(Contrary to any other output container that
would also work fine with the input option -r).

> I think the original request is useful. I
> often find situations where I need to alter
> container information while using streamcopy.

The issue is not related to container information
at least not the way I understand you.

> Although the solution via an avi pipe is a bit
> awkward would an approach similar to what was
> done with -aspect and streamcopy work?
> re: http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=538bf767

This is what was done a long time ago when the
input option -r changed its semantics to the
current meaning.

I don't know why only slowing down works...

Carl Eugen