[FFmpeg-user] How to delete digital silence?

Барт Гопник bart.gopnik at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:30:26 CEST 2014

>> Now I'm using proprietary software to delete
>> digital silence from the beginning and from the
>> end of *.wav file.

>> Can I solve this problem using FFMPEG (only)?

> Did you already test the silencedetect and
> silenceremove filter?
> https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#silencedetect

No, looks like it is new filters.

Should I combine these 2 filters (silencedetect and silenceremove) or
I can solve my problem using only "silenceremove" filter? I need
delete absolute (not noise) digital silence only from beginning and
from the end of audio file (not from middle).

Could you please help me to create command line to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help!