[FFmpeg-user] (Cross-platform) FFMPEG based GUI direct stream copy linear video editor

Барт Гопник bart.gopnik at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:36:43 CEST 2014

I'm not really sure where to ask this... But I hope FFMPEG developers
and users can help.

FFMPEG official site has list of FFMPEG based projects
(https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Projects)

I use VirtualDub for linear video montage using direct stream copy
mode (without recompression). It is GNU GPL licensed, but is designed
only for Microsoft Windows and operates on AVI files.

FFMPEG is excellent cross-platform utility that supports many formats
(codecs and containers). It can be used for split and merge video
files (not only AVI) using direct stream copy mode, but FFMPEG is
console UI application.

Is there GUI video editor (based on FFMPEG) (cross-platform or maybe
only for Linux or maybe only for Windows) that can split and merge
video files (not only AVI) using direct stream copy mode and have
preview window?

Now I use video player, watch the input video file, remember the time
for split video to fragments and write console line script for merge
these fragments. All work is OK, but it is very inconvenient.

At the worst, are there players or editors that can generate project
file (that contain time markers for split and merge) that can be used
with FFMPEG?

Thanks in advance for your help!