[FFmpeg-user] ffserver to iOs and Android

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 13:24:46 CEST 2014

Please don't top post on this ML.

On date Friday 2014-09-12 13:07:24 +0200, Damian Głodny wrote:
> Sorry for little offtopic. Is ffserver still in active development? Is
> ffserver enough stable to use it in production in professional environment?

That's a bit subjective. We have an official maintainer (see
MAINTAINERS), and some people send patches from time to time. I plan
to do some extensions to overcome some of the current limitations (for
example to support generic private options in the configuration rather
than require the use of the ffmpeg -override_ffserver option).

I know a few companies which use or tried to use ffmpeg+ffserver, but
cannot say to which degree of success, so basically you need to test
and evaluate if you can achieve your purposes with ffserver.